17 ft sharpie?

  • scott mac donald
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2003
      Was looking through my old Wooden Boat mags for what I thought was a Bolger designed 17ft beachable/camper sharpie. Could not find it. Is there such a plan?
      Scott MacDonald

    • craig o'donnell
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2003
        >Was looking through my old Wooden Boat mags for what I thought was a
        >Bolger designed 17ft beachable/camper sharpie. Could not find it. Is
        >there such a plan?
        > Scott MacDonald

        Loads of designs listed on the Cheap Pages/Plywood Boats. Maybe one
        will ring a bell. I'm sure there are several designs but Jinni (16'
        cat yawl) comes to mind.
        --
        Craig O'Donnell
        Sinepuxent Ancestors & Boats

        -- Macintosh kinda guy
        Friend of Wanda the Wonder Cat, 1991-1997.
        _________________________________
        ---
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 2, 2003
          scott mac donald <scott_macd2003@y...> asked:
          > Was looking for a Bolger designed
          > 17ft beachable/camper sharpie.

          Design #606 II

          The Clam Skiff with Cabin, 18' x 5'3".

          It might not be narrow enough to be
          considered 'a sharpie' by PCB, but
          it has a very 'beachable' thick plywood
          bottom, and a cabin with two full length
          berths and a long sliding roof hatch
          on the centerline. It would make a
          great trailerable & fun camper.

          There are photos and scans in one of the
          Bolger groups archives, Bolger2?

          The 'Lake Launch' 15' with a slippered
          stern like Sneakeasy is more of a 'day
          boat', but it could be camped in.