Re: 2003 Sneakeasy modifications

    Message 1 of 87 , Jul 1, 2003
      --- "jeff" <boatbuilding@g...> lists:

      > Wyo, Tennessee, Idaho, Minnesota,
      > Illinois, and Sneakeasy are all of the
      > same family of boats for protected waters
      > only.

      [I would love to see an Illinois built. Jeff's list should also
      include 'Lake Launch']

      Selectively quoting PCB from his Inlet Runner essay:

      "The fundamental point about [cutwater bows] is that when they meet a
      wave, including the back side of a wave when running a breaking
      inlet, they gain buoyancy much faster than they do drag. The bow
      lifts before it can brake the boat and the boat lunges straight ahead
      before the stern has a chance to start swinging into a yaw."

      "[The cutwater bow corrects]...a fault common in many contemporary
      fast boats with exaggerated bow overhangs."

      Boats like this, beyond Inlet Runner, might include Hawkeye,
      Windermere, Sitka Explorer, Retriever, Champlain?, Micro Trawler?,
      Watervan?, the cutwater version of Sneakeasy?...what else?
    • ben_azo
      Message 87 of 87 , Jul 29, 2003
        Hi David,for now its working,but its kinda busy there.enjoy
        Stephan

        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "David & Shirley Wallace"
        <swallace@c...> wrote:

        > Tried to have a look but the photo section isn't working
        >

        > David Wallace

        Hartley
        > > 21 looks to
        > > > show some promise with a bit of modification although it's
        not
        > > a Bolger
        > > > design , is any one familiar with the CLC , and what is the
        > > caper with the
        > > > clinker ply version ? is it as strong as the ply and fibreglass
        > > version ,
        > > > how does the time to build compare between the versions ,
        > > how does cost
        > > > compare ? any one know ?
        > > >
        > > > Regards
        > > > David Wallace
        > >

        > > Bolger rules!!!
        > > - no cursing, flaming, trolling, spamming, or flogging dead
        horses
        > > - stay on topic, stay on thread, punctuate, no 'Ed, thanks,
        Fred' posts
        > > - add your comments at the TOP and SIGN your posts and
        <snip> away
        > > - To order plans: Mr. Philip C. Bolger, P.O. Box 1209,
        Gloucester, MA,
        bolger_coffee_lounge-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/