Re: [bolger] Re: 2003 Sneakeasy modifications

  • jeff
    Message 1 of 87 , Jul 1, 2003
      > Sneakeasy and Tennessee are very lightly constructed. The 29' Tennessee
      uses
      > 3/8" ply (doubled on the bottom), with very little framing. This is OK for
      > rivers and small lakes but not really what I would call sea-going.

      Same for Wyoming using 1/2 plywood and though thee cross members are 4x4s
      every 6 feet and a set of "Intercoastals" that run her full length, she's
      still lightly built for any kind of heavy seas. But, the Wyo is designed
      to run rivers and other protected waters, never to deal with big swells let
      alone open ocean!

      Wyo, Tennessee, Idaho, Minnesota, Illinois, and Sneakeasy are all of the
      same family of boats for protected waters only.

      Jeff
    • ben_azo
      Message 87 of 87 , Jul 29, 2003
        Hi David,for now its working,but its kinda busy there.enjoy
        Stephan

        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "David & Shirley Wallace"
        <swallace@c...> wrote:

        > Tried to have a look but the photo section isn't working
        >

        > David Wallace

        Hartley
        > > 21 looks to
        > > > show some promise with a bit of modification although it's
        not
        > > a Bolger
        > > > design , is any one familiar with the CLC , and what is the
        > > caper with the
        > > > clinker ply version ? is it as strong as the ply and fibreglass
        > > version ,
        > > > how does the time to build compare between the versions ,
        > > how does cost
        > > > compare ? any one know ?
        > > >
        > > > Regards
        > > > David Wallace
        > >

        > > Bolger rules!!!
        > > - no cursing, flaming, trolling, spamming, or flogging dead
        horses
        > > - stay on topic, stay on thread, punctuate, no 'Ed, thanks,
        Fred' posts
        > > - add your comments at the TOP and SIGN your posts and
        <snip> away
        > > - To order plans: Mr. Philip C. Bolger, P.O. Box 1209,
        Gloucester, MA,
        bolger_coffee_lounge-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/