Re: [bolger] Re: 2003 Sneakeasy modifications

  • fountainb@switch.aust.com
    Message 1 of 87 , Jun 30, 2003
      David & Shirley Wallace wrote:

      > asked if the Tennessee could be fitted with lee
      > boards like some of the sail boats and would that
      > make it any better in a larger sea , well I certainly
      > have no idea , does any one here know how that would
      > effect things ?

      Leeboards and keels are required on sailboats to prevent
      lateral slip, which mostly arises as a result of the fact
      that the wind usually wants to push the boat sideways as
      well as forward. This isn't much of an issue on powerboats
      because they aren't using wind as their motive force.

      I doubt that leeboards would make the boat more seaworthy,
      in fact it might cause it to "trip" in a broaching sea.
      What they would be good for is for giving directional
      stability in a cross wind, especially when docking. I think
      that the BIG power sharpie (sorry, forget its name) has a
      centreboard for this reason.

      Bruce Fountain
      Senior Software Engineer
      Union Switch & Signal
      Perth, Western Australia
    • ben_azo
      Message 87 of 87 , Jul 29, 2003
        Hi David,for now its working,but its kinda busy there.enjoy
        Stephan

        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "David & Shirley Wallace"
        <swallace@c...> wrote:

        > Tried to have a look but the photo section isn't working
        >

        > David Wallace

        Hartley
        > > 21 looks to
        > > > show some promise with a bit of modification although it's
        not
        > > a Bolger
        > > > design , is any one familiar with the CLC , and what is the
        > > caper with the
        > > > clinker ply version ? is it as strong as the ply and fibreglass
        > > version ,
        > > > how does the time to build compare between the versions ,
        > > how does cost
        > > > compare ? any one know ?
        > > >
        > > > Regards
        > > > David Wallace
        > >

        > > Bolger rules!!!
        > > - no cursing, flaming, trolling, spamming, or flogging dead
        horses
        > > - stay on topic, stay on thread, punctuate, no 'Ed, thanks,
        Fred' posts
        > > - add your comments at the TOP and SIGN your posts and
        <snip> away
        > > - To order plans: Mr. Philip C. Bolger, P.O. Box 1209,
        Gloucester, MA,
        bolger_coffee_lounge-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/