[bolger] Re: Sail/Rigging for Brick

  • craig o'donnell
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 26, 2003
      >Thanks Craig...That gets me moving. As I look at the plans I can
      >figure out most everything except the rigging at the fore section of
      >the boom. Is this the portion you are referring to as a "snotter"?
      >If so, then this all makes sense now. Please forgive my
      >ignorance...this is my first project as a novice sailor. Again.
      >Thanks.
      >Barry

      Yep, that's the snotter. It is a line that you pull on to flatten the
      sail (windy conditions) or loosen slightly to let the sail be a
      little fuller (baggier?) when the air is light. There is no hard and
      fast rule saying you *have* to have an adjustable snotter, but it
      works so well that it's silly not to include it.
      --
      Craig O'Donnell
      Sinepuxent Ancestors & Boats

      -- Macintosh kinda guy
      Friend of Wanda the Wonder Cat, 1991-1997.
      ---