Re: [bolger] CSB pirogue's rudder: best pivot shaft ever

  • WeBookPeople@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 25, 2003
      OK, I have *the* proper solution... 1/4" OD stainless tubing. This stuff is
      used in panel shops to fabricate pneumatic and hydraulic control panels. They
      will give away short pieces and will usually bend the L end on it for you with
      their "no-crush" benders. Put small eyebolts on transom and rudder, slip a
      longish pit of this tubing through the whole mess. Works a treat :-)

      Cheers/The Fader

    • craig o'donnell
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 26, 2003
        >OK, I have *the* proper solution... 1/4" OD stainless tubing. This stuff is
        >used in panel shops to fabricate pneumatic and hydraulic control panels. They
        >will give away short pieces and will usually bend the L end on it for you with
        >their "no-crush" benders. Put small eyebolts on transom and rudder, slip a
        >longish pit of this tubing through the whole mess. Works a treat :-)

        Brake Line will work OK as well.
        --
        Craig O'Donnell
        Sinepuxent Ancestors & Boats

        -- Macintosh kinda guy
        Friend of Wanda the Wonder Cat, 1991-1997.
        ---