[bolger] 1st boat, a teal. Next, a scooner!

  • david@crumblingempire.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 19, 1999
      First, thanks to Mr.Carlson for setting up this group.

      Second, I've just glued on the last gunnel on my teal. A couple of thwarts and she'll be ready for painting. I have to admit I'm rather stunned by both the easy of construction, (I've only owned a skill saw for about 6 months,) and the grace of her lines.

      Although the teal need a little more carpentery and paint, I've set my sites on the Light Scooner, and have even found a source for swivel guns. I figure one aft and one on each side (allowing two guns to be brought to bear in any direction) should be sufficient I expect I'll have to make a few modifications to the deck to take the stress of recoil. Any suggestions, either for arrangement or bracing, would be welcome.

      TIA,

      David Ryan
      david@...

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/bolger
    • GHC
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 19, 1999
        David - I'll want to hear about your scooner when you get it going! I
        assume you've seen mine at www.carlsondesign.com...

        Say, your message first came to me to moderate - wondering - did you sign
        up for the group, or did you send your message before signing in?

        Gregg Carlson