Re: Oh, Bruuuce....

  • Lincoln Ross
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 2, 2003
      For anyone in the Boston area who is about to buy a house, this is a
      small additional amount of money compared to the usual prices. And when
      the appraiser comes, you can be someplace else. Not to mention your
      ability (assuming they forget to remove the last aircraft) to loudly
      express your displeasure with any property tax substitutes. You can rent
      bilge space to apartment dwelling boatbuilders.

      >Bruce wrote:
      >Thanks Pep and Sue,
      >
      >But I don't want to BUY a carrier, I want to build one! A disctiction
      >I think all on this list can understand. Anyone with a spare few
      >million can buy a surplus carrier, where's the sense of satisfaction
      >and accomplishment in that?
      >
      >It'll be a Bolger design too, or at least a doubling of one of his
      >larger boats, Illinois perhaps. That would double out to 130' by 16
      >beam.
      >
      >Getting close.
      >
      >Bruce Hector
      >Finally getting back to work on his Seagull, fitting the stern seat
      >top today.

    • Bruce Hector
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2003
        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Davis" <futabachan@y...> wrote:
        > It's not Bolger, but...
        >
        > http://www.frenchcreekboatsales.com/details.asp?File_Number=BOP12
        > :-)
        >
        > --
        > Susan Davis <futabachan@y...>

        Actually Lincoln Ross just gave me an idea. I'll rent out rooms with
        board to pay for her.

        Why renting at $700 a month for each of her 1500 berths nets
        1,050,000.00 a month, which would be a real bargain, tied up in
        downton NY, Boston or Philly. Add meals at $30 a day (her messes can
        easily feed that many) and I'll have her paid for in a few months.
        And that's without putting 10 person high bunks every 30 square feet
        of her hanger deck at only 300 a month for the under-priveledged.

        Phil often mentions using his square boats as low cost housing. A
        real community service, something I can be proud of.

        Bruce Hector