Re: [bolger] Nymph leeboard

  • Derek Waters
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2003
      Doug, early on I sprang the 'hook' on our Nymph's leeboard in similar
      fashion. Since we were launching and retrieving from a lee beach all the
      time I did as follows. The remains of the 'hooks' were sawn off . A couple
      of extra pieces were laminated onto the gunwale where the board rested,
      making the gunwale at that point wide enough to have a slot cut through it.
      The board passes down, daggerboard fashion, through this slot and a similar
      slotted retainer near the chine. A couple of holes through the board allow a
      stout pin to hold the board up while launching / retrieving. The lanyard for
      the pin loops over a cleat to hold the board down while tacking (it floated
      up otherwise). A kick up rudder is handy, too.
      cheers
      Derek
    • Lincoln Ross
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2003
        If you have a stout attachment for the board (as our Brick has) you will
        probably break the board, as we did. I think the answer is to make one
        that kicks up and don't let the boat get sideways near shore. ( I just
        made another board and resolved to be careful.)