Re: Oh, Bruuuce....

  • pep cruells
    Message 1 of 6 , May 31, 2003
      Bruce, As nobody is starting the SuperBrick you can use my 100 Euros
      to start a collection to buy that sweet Vengeance.
      *pep

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Davis" <futabachan@y...> wrote:
      > It's not Bolger, but...
      >
      > http://www.frenchcreekboatsales.com/details.asp?File_Number=BOP12
      > :-)
      >
      > --
      > Susan Davis <futabachan@y...>
    • Bruce Hector
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 1, 2003
        Thanks Pep and Sue,

        But I don't want to BUY a carrier, I want to build one! A disctiction
        I think all on this list can understand. Anyone with a spare few
        million can buy a surplus carrier, where's the sense of satisfaction
        and accomplishment in that?

        It'll be a Bolger design too, or at least a doubling of one of his
        larger boats, Illinois perhaps. That would double out to 130' by 16
        beam.

        Getting close.

        Bruce Hector
        Finally getting back to work on his Seagull, fitting the stern seat
        top today.
      • Lincoln Ross
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 2, 2003
          For anyone in the Boston area who is about to buy a house, this is a
          small additional amount of money compared to the usual prices. And when
          the appraiser comes, you can be someplace else. Not to mention your
          ability (assuming they forget to remove the last aircraft) to loudly
          express your displeasure with any property tax substitutes. You can rent
          bilge space to apartment dwelling boatbuilders.

          >Bruce wrote:
          >Thanks Pep and Sue,
          >
          >But I don't want to BUY a carrier, I want to build one! A disctiction
          >I think all on this list can understand. Anyone with a spare few
          >million can buy a surplus carrier, where's the sense of satisfaction
          >and accomplishment in that?
          >
          >It'll be a Bolger design too, or at least a doubling of one of his
          >larger boats, Illinois perhaps. That would double out to 130' by 16
          >beam.
          >
          >Getting close.
          >
          >Bruce Hector
          >Finally getting back to work on his Seagull, fitting the stern seat
          >top today.

        • Bruce Hector
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 2, 2003
            --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Susan Davis" <futabachan@y...> wrote:
            > It's not Bolger, but...
            >
            > http://www.frenchcreekboatsales.com/details.asp?File_Number=BOP12
            > :-)
            >
            > --
            > Susan Davis <futabachan@y...>

            Actually Lincoln Ross just gave me an idea. I'll rent out rooms with
            board to pay for her.

            Why renting at $700 a month for each of her 1500 berths nets
            1,050,000.00 a month, which would be a real bargain, tied up in
            downton NY, Boston or Philly. Add meals at $30 a day (her messes can
            easily feed that many) and I'll have her paid for in a few months.
            And that's without putting 10 person high bunks every 30 square feet
            of her hanger deck at only 300 a month for the under-priveledged.

            Phil often mentions using his square boats as low cost housing. A
            real community service, something I can be proud of.

            Bruce Hector