Re: getting photos online (was Topaz update)

  • Bob Johnson
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2003
      > Message: 3
      > Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 00:40:04 -0400
      > From: stephensonhw@...
      > Subject: Re: Re: Topaz update.
      >
      > Find a photo lab that will develop the film and scan it onto a Kodak
      > Picture CD. It should only cost a couple of dollars extra. You can
      > even ask them not to give you prints and you will save money. Once
      > you see the pictures full-screen on your computer, you won't bother
      > with crummy machine-made prints again.
      >
      > Howard
      >
      >> Any old camera will do, it just takes a bit longer to see the
      >> finished product. Then you might get someone to scan the >glossy 4X6
      >> photos for you,like I do since I am such a ten thumbed idiot.

      I'll put in a plug for Walmart here. For an extra 97 cents per roll,
      they'll scan the photos and post them on the web. When you pick up
      your pictures, you get a card with an access code. You have aprox. one
      month to access the photos, and then one month from then to download
      them from the Walmart.com site. You get a small(330x220),
      medium(768x512), and large(1536x1024) version of each picture. It's a
      heck of a lot easier than scanning a whole roll at home, and you can't
      beat the price.

      Bob