Re: Boat towing and other ruminations

  • pvanderwaart
    Message 1 of 2 , May 29 12:03 PM
      > One of the commitee
      > boats come up and asked a bunch of questions,
      > saying I was pretty fast off the wind.
      > I guess I was running faster than the people
      > racing on the downwind leg with spinakers...

      This reminds me of an experience I once had crewing on a Tartan 33 in
      big regatta. A LHF Rozinante started in a class ahead of us, and we
      caught her on the beat. We set a chute and went charging down the run
      and the Rozinante kept up with us, and perhaps closed a little, under
      working sail. It didn't **look** like she was sailing fast at all.

      Of course, you have your Chebacco equipped with one of those rule-
      cheating, four-sided sails.

      Peter