Re: Preperation for ReEpoxying

  • Lincoln Ross
    Message 1 of 4 , May 19, 2003
      You should wash cured epoxy with water before trying to stick something
      to it as it often has slimy "blush" that appears and keeps next thing
      from getting a good grip. Some people like to use Scotchbrite plastic
      scouring pads when they do this, tho in my experience the blush comes
      right off with a sponge and water. Of course I think Scotchbrite will
      dull up the surface, and you really want to scuff up the surface before
      putting on more epoxy if the first epoxy has more than a couple of days
      to cure (I use sandpaper). Before that, you get a chemical bond, or so
      I've heard. Wash off the blush in any case unless the first epoxy is
      still goopy.

      Read the book!