[bolger] Re: AS-29

  • Paul W. Esterle
    Message 1 of 37 , Feb 15, 2000
      David,

      I have to agree with your plan. As much as I like Bolger boats, for what
      you are contemplating, I think the Triton fine. It is also do-able sooner.
      You will have to bring both boats up to off-shore standards, at least with
      the Triton, you'll start farther down the timeline...

      Paul W. Esterle
      Capt'n Pauley Video Productions
      423.989.3159
      S/V Bryn Awel, Columbia 10.7
      Bristol, Tenn. USA
      http://www.captnpauley.bigstep.com
      http://pages.preferred.com/~pesterle/

      Message 37 of 37 , Aug 31, 2013
        These boats tend to come out at about design weight, I think 7300# as Rod said. Mine was on her lines when I first rebuilt her. No longer, though, when she's full of cruising stuff. I'd recommend allowing for 8500# plus the weight of the trailer. I used to have a modified 10,500#-capacity flatbed, three-axle trailer, which was overkill.

        Depending on the cost of the axles, consider having the trailer refitted for three axles; then you'll be fine with the 3500# axles, and your tire life will be a lot better. Welding for these kinds of jobs is routine and isn't expensive.