RE: [bolger] hello

  • David Romasco
    Message 1 of 8 , May 4 4:31 AM
      Yeah. Sailboats heel (generally), so a vee bottom presents a flat surface
      when heeled, and a flat bottom presents a vee surface when heeled
      (generally). Neat, huh?

      David Romasco

        Message 3 of 8 , May 18 11:14 PM
          Just introducing self.
          40+y/o dad from South Australia.
          Have built many fibreglass kayaks in my youth.
          My first wooden boat is a somewhat modified Teal
          (to rowing stage - slowly getting around to a sail....)
          And two extremely modified Scooners (1/4-scale as canoes)
          pics and comments at http://users.chariot.net.au/~ajulian/
          (the site lags behind construction. and construction lags
          behind use...)

          Have slowly-forming ideas of a decked 1/2-scale Gypsy as
          the next size up in canoes for the kids - dimensions are
          similar to many plastic fantastics but 1/3 the weight
          and I've got the plans ;)

          Have noted comments on buttstraps (is this posting #2001
          on the subject?) Used them on my Teal. Wish I'd seen
          Dave Carnell's page on the subject before I started.
          Probably won't use them again.
          http://home.att.net/~DaveCarnell/epoxy.html

          regards
          Alan J.
        • catherine secula
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 27, 2011
            i try to post a message ..
            not sure if it works
          • Mark Albanese
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 27, 2011
              If you get this back, then everything is working.

              On Oct 27, 2011, at 11:04 PM, catherine secula wrote:

              i try to post a message ..
              not sure if it works

            • john bartlett
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 27, 2012