Re: [bolger] Re: messabout in ,ca?

  • Eric McCollum
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2003
      Where is Alomiton Bay. I'm in Arizona and all of the
      water in CA looks the same to me... (i.e. I can't find
      it on Yahoo!Maps.)

      Thanks
      Eric

      --- Todd <ktsrfer@...> wrote:
      > First weekend of June messabout in Southern
      > California, Alomitos Bay.
      > free parking if you get there early before 8:00am
      > other wise metered
      > parking .25 gets you half hour. Easy boat luanch and
      > access to the
      > water for boats that can be picked up by two people
      > or pushed while
      > on trailer over sand a short distance to water.I
      > used to launch a
      > coronado 15, 350 lb. sailing dinghy there and is
      > probably the maxium
      > weight you'd want to launch there. Date not set in
      > stone but but
      > sounds good. I'll be there with a Mayfly 12 a
      > Bolger Micro, and
      > hopefull a pacific proa if I finish it in time. If
      > anyone is
      > intrested email me. Informal no tux required and
      > B.Y.O.F.B
      > (bring your own food and beverage)
      >
      > Todd
      >
      > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "pss2fly"
      > <440ford@v...> wrote:
      > > With all the events starting to happen,I am
      > looking for a messabout
      > > in california. Are there any like that in Ca. We
      > have many fine
      > lakes
      > > and a real big bay here. Any ideas? Do you think
      > we could find
      > enough
      > > boats and people to make it happen? Please post
      > ANY information
      > you
      > > find. Thanx Scott Backen

      http://search.yahoo.com
    • Todd
      Message 2 of 6 , May 1, 2003
        I'm not sure on the spelling ( alomitos bay ) or bellmont shores its
        south of long beach by a few miles. I'm there almost every day either
        kitsurfing or sailing it really depends on the wind 15+ kiting, 15-
        sailing. There's the outer bay and the inner bay. Inner bay smooth
        water dinghy sailing, outer bay good catamaran sailing, kitesurfing
        short steep chop 1 to 3 foot. But much larger area to sail.

        Todd