RE: [bolger] hull help!

  • Travis K. Allen
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2003
      Hi Richard, thanks for the response.
      My goal is to have plans for a flats boat to fish in the keys, with that being said I'll try and explain my situation. I built my first boat less than a year ago using the stitch and glue method, the boat is a 14ft duck boat. Since that time I have been looking for plans for a 16 foot flats boat with no luck. The plans that I have for the Duck boat are really close to what I am looking for with a few modifications. The modifications are what I am having problems with mainly the bow of the boat, as it is now the bow does not come to a point it is squared off. Most of the other modifications I think I can handle but would like some input on.

      Thanks again and any help would be great,
      Travis

      [Travis K. Allen]
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2003
        Hey jakeman thanks for the response, I built a 14ft duck boat that I would like to modify for a flats boat to fish the Fl Keys. The boat I would like to model it from is from a boat company called hellsbay boatworks it's very close to the duck boat with it's beam and LOA ,The duck boats bow is blunt and does not come to a point, if it did the would be very close. that's where I am having the problem extending the bow on my plans.
        Any help would be great,
        Thanks Travis

        Travis, I draw a little bit, and I could try to come up with some
        thing if you tell me what your thinking of.jake--- In
        bolger@yahoogroups.com, "southerwoody" <travis@d...> wrote:
        > I am looking for help with a hull design. I know what I would like
        > the boat to look like, and I have some basic measurements. any
        > information on this would be great, Thanks Travis

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
        <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=1705065791:HM/A=1564415/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=60164784&partid=3170658>
        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupmail/S=:HM/A=1564415/rand=771798911>

        Bolger rules!!!

      • jakeman19652002
        Message 3 of 5 , May 1, 2003
          travis, Try Gregg Carlsons Hulls desinging program, it can be found
          on the web is free and with it you can quickly run through different
          design ideas. Its not the end, but a fun way to start the
          proccess.Check it out. J--- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Travis K.
          Allen" <travis@d...> wrote:
          > Hey jakeman thanks for the response, I built a 14ft duck boat that
          I would like to modify for a flats boat to fish the Fl Keys. The boat
          I would like to model it from is from a boat company called hellsbay
          boatworks it's very close to the duck boat with it's beam and
          LOA ,The duck boats bow is blunt and does not come to a point, if it
          did the would be very close. that's where I am having the problem
          extending the bow on my plans.
          > Any help would be great,
          > Thanks Travis

          MA, 01930, Fax: (978) 282-1349