messabout in ,ca?

  • pss2fly
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 24, 2003
      With all the events starting to happen,I am looking for a messabout
      in california. Are there any like that in Ca. We have many fine lakes
      and a real big bay here. Any ideas? Do you think we could find enough
      boats and people to make it happen? Please post ANY information you
      find. Thanx Scott Backen
    • Bruce Hector
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 24, 2003
        Why not host it yourself? Read what Jim Michalak has to say about
        messabouts, what he thinks works, and what doesn't and give it a go.
        Look at
        http://marina.fortunecity.com/breakwater/274/2000/0515/index.htm#MESSA
        BOUTS

        (watch the word wrap, you may have to manualy enter the url)

        Of course you could throw a boat on your roof or traiuller and drive
        up to Kingston, Canada with a stop in Oklahoma at Richard's event on
        the way. Chuck Leinweber of Duckworks is going to cartop something
        all the way here from Texas "come hell or high water" for the
        Kingston event.

        Bruce Hector
        Seriously doubting that the civilian aircraft carrier will be there,
        well, maybee a model.
        http://www.brucesboats.com
      • sctree
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 24, 2003
          Hey Scott,

          You just missed one nearby CA, last weekend at Lake Mead, NV/AZ ......
          It was really just a few friends and two boats, one a Bolger Diablo, and
          my Michalak JB Jr. (a 14' "Birdwatcher" type). Four days and three
          nights of fun on the lake and beach. There are several early photos in
          the photo section (Under the "Lake Mead" folder) of the
          "Michalak_Boats_Photos_Only" YahooGroup.

          This should be a link;
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Michalak_Boats_Photos_Only

          You have to be approved by the moderator to get in, (spam control). But
          he's quick to approve folks.

          Anyway I'm up for a "middle" of CA get together the weekend of May
          16th- 18th. Right now considering the Delta, or one of the lakes.
          At least I'll be there...........

          Open to suggestions......

          Rick

          pss2fly wrote:

          > With all the events starting to happen,I am looking for a messabout
          > in california. Are there any like that in Ca. We have many fine lakes
          > and a real big bay here. Any ideas? Do you think we could find enough
          > boats and people to make it happen? Please post ANY information you
          > find. Thanx Scott Backen
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
          > <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=249982.3179269.4495679.2595810/D=egroupweb/S=1705065791:HM/A=1524963/R=0/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autoredir?camp=556&lineid=3179269&prop=egroupweb&pos=HM>

          > 01930, Fax: (978) 282-1349

          > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

        • Todd
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 28, 2003
            First weekend of June messabout in Southern California, Alomitos Bay.
            free parking if you get there early before 8:00am other wise metered
            parking .25 gets you half hour. Easy boat luanch and access to the
            water for boats that can be picked up by two people or pushed while
            on trailer over sand a short distance to water.I used to launch a
            coronado 15, 350 lb. sailing dinghy there and is probably the maxium
            weight you'd want to launch there. Date not set in stone but but
            sounds good. I'll be there with a Mayfly 12 a Bolger Micro, and
            hopefull a pacific proa if I finish it in time. If anyone is
            intrested email me. Informal no tux required and B.Y.O.F.B
            (bring your own food and beverage)

            Todd

            --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "pss2fly" <440ford@v...> wrote:
            > With all the events starting to happen,I am looking for a messabout
            > in california. Are there any like that in Ca. We have many fine
            lakes
            > and a real big bay here. Any ideas? Do you think we could find
            enough
            > boats and people to make it happen? Please post ANY information
            you
            > find. Thanx Scott Backen
          • Eric McCollum
            Message 5 of 6 , May 1, 2003
              Where is Alomiton Bay. I'm in Arizona and all of the
              water in CA looks the same to me... (i.e. I can't find
              it on Yahoo!Maps.)

              Thanks
              Eric

              --- Todd <ktsrfer@...> wrote:
              > First weekend of June messabout in Southern
              > California, Alomitos Bay.
              > free parking if you get there early before 8:00am
              > other wise metered
              > parking .25 gets you half hour. Easy boat luanch and
              > access to the
              > water for boats that can be picked up by two people
              > or pushed while
              > on trailer over sand a short distance to water.I
              > used to launch a
              > coronado 15, 350 lb. sailing dinghy there and is
              > probably the maxium
              > weight you'd want to launch there. Date not set in
              > stone but but
              > sounds good. I'll be there with a Mayfly 12 a
              > Bolger Micro, and
              > hopefull a pacific proa if I finish it in time. If
              > anyone is
              > intrested email me. Informal no tux required and
              > B.Y.O.F.B
              > (bring your own food and beverage)
              >
              > Todd
              >
              > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "pss2fly"
              > <440ford@v...> wrote:
              > > With all the events starting to happen,I am
              > looking for a messabout
              > > in california. Are there any like that in Ca. We
              > have many fine
              > lakes
              > > and a real big bay here. Any ideas? Do you think
              > we could find
              > enough
              > > boats and people to make it happen? Please post
              > ANY information
              > you
              > > find. Thanx Scott Backen

              http://search.yahoo.com
            • Todd
              Message 6 of 6 , May 1, 2003
                I'm not sure on the spelling ( alomitos bay ) or bellmont shores its
                south of long beach by a few miles. I'm there almost every day either
                kitsurfing or sailing it really depends on the wind 15+ kiting, 15-
                sailing. There's the outer bay and the inner bay. Inner bay smooth
                water dinghy sailing, outer bay good catamaran sailing, kitesurfing
                short steep chop 1 to 3 foot. But much larger area to sail.

                Todd