Re: Finishing off Surf question

  • Wayne Farris
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 2, 2003
      Using a epoxy glued plywood butt strap on the inside is sufficent.
      Many boats are built that way. Strong and simple. I don't think you
      need the tape on the outside. It seems to me from my continual
      reading of designer's plans, groups, Duckwork's, etc. that there are
      three acceptable ways of making long panels out of plywood:

      1. Butt strap on one side. Epoxy with a little filler used as glue.
      2. Fiberglass tape on both sides. Epoxy glued.
      3. Scarphing. Epoxy (and maybe resourcinal) glued.