Re: [bolger] Re: Washing Machine

  • David Ryan
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 2, 2003
      >Wouldn't washing your close in salt water leave them, well, salty?

      When I was in school, I'd went Baja California nearly every Winter
      break. Not a lot of clothing needed.

      But when our clothes threatened to stand up and walk away on their
      own, we did have good luck putting our grungies in a 5 gallon pail
      with water, detergent and a lid. An hour on a washboarded road did
      the trick for agitation. We'd rinse in the ocean. I've heard of good
      results for a pail left on the deck of a boat underway.

      If you don't want salty clothes, stay ashore.

      -D

      --

      C.E.P.
      415 W.46th Street
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 2, 2003
        The one thing to worry about is leaving the bucket in the water being
        pulled behind the boat. Don't pump the bilges or empty the holding
        tanks.