Re: [bolger] Re: Washing Machine

  • Richard Spelling
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 2 6:57 AM
      Wouldn't washing your close in salt water leave them, well, salty?

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 2 7:14 AM
        >Wouldn't washing your close in salt water leave them, well, salty?

        When I was in school, I'd went Baja California nearly every Winter
        break. Not a lot of clothing needed.

        But when our clothes threatened to stand up and walk away on their
        own, we did have good luck putting our grungies in a 5 gallon pail
        with water, detergent and a lid. An hour on a washboarded road did
        the trick for agitation. We'd rinse in the ocean. I've heard of good
        results for a pail left on the deck of a boat underway.

        If you don't want salty clothes, stay ashore.

        -D

        --

        C.E.P.
        415 W.46th Street
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 2 9:23 AM
          The one thing to worry about is leaving the bucket in the water being
          pulled behind the boat. Don't pump the bilges or empty the holding
          tanks.