Re: in defense of Duckworks

  • riquenz
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2003
      Hi Chuck
      Even though Duckworks is probably my favorite site, by the time the
      US$25 is translated to NZ dollars, it becomes more like $60 to me. I
      am disapointed that the advertising option ( as a pain in the bum
      that it is) wasn't gone for. I wonder how many of you would pay $60
      for the privelege?
      Thanx,
      Rique

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Bosquette" <sbosquette@c...>
      wrote:
      > Count me in also. As a matter of fact I insist on paying my
      > subscription even though I contribute articles from time to time.
      > The $25 is peanuts compared to the daily pleasure I derive from the
      > magazine. The opposite of greedy is cheap and the truth is if you
      > want a cheap(free) magazine then you may get no magazine at all!!
      > You have my full support Chuck and I hope the Magazine continues as
      > paid subscription because I will demand better content and more to
      > offer as a subscriber. We can and should all vote with our
      dollars,
      > if it is not well done we shouldn't spend our hard earned cash!!!
      >
      > Steve Bosquette
    • vicskiff
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 2003
        Wow. And I thought it bad at $36.82 Canadian at today's rate of
        exchange.

        John

        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "riquenz" <Rique@p...> wrote:
        > Hi Chuck
        > Even though Duckworks is probably my favorite site, by the time the
        > US$25 is translated to NZ dollars, it becomes more like $60 to me.
        > am disapointed that the advertising option ( as a pain in the bum
        > that it is) wasn't gone for. I wonder how many of you would pay $60
        > for the privelege?
        > Thanx,
        > Rique
        >

        > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Bosquette" <sbosquette@c...>
        > wrote:
        > > Count me in also. As a matter of fact I insist on paying my
        > > subscription even though I contribute articles from time to
        time.
        > > The $25 is peanuts compared to the daily pleasure I derive from
        the
        > > magazine. The opposite of greedy is cheap and the truth is if
        you
        > > want a cheap(free) magazine then you may get no magazine at
        all!!
        > > You have my full support Chuck and I hope the Magazine continues
        as
        > > paid subscription because I will demand better content and more
        > > offer as a subscriber. We can and should all vote with our
        > dollars,
        > > if it is not well done we shouldn't spend our hard earned cash!!!
        > >
        > > Steve Bosquette
      • rmdeming
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 2, 2003
          Hi Chuck,
          I am actually glad you are going to keep the content flowing like it
          is. I just have a homepage style website and I haven't changed it in
          forever because of the time involved in doing it. From that
          experience, I know that you must spend a bunch of time with the all
          the rotating content that you have. Build it and they will come! I'm
          hooked, I'll find the $25 and I'm in, but try to realize that some of
          us "cheap" plywood boat builders (as one person called us), have a
          hard parting with bucks that could go to supplies. Thanks for doing
          what you've done for all these years! I hope we can all say this in
          10 years from now when you raise the rate to $26.

          Hang tough ol' boy,
          Rich in Florida
          (I squeeze the paint out of my bushes bristles to gain an extra 1-
          1/2" bottom coverage) Keep Smiling....pays the same as a frown but
          feels better!

          > I guess I should say a word or two in my defense.
        • proaconstrictor
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 5, 2003
            Though I can't afford it, The one advantage in the colonies, is that
            you don't have to double the cost with postage. When I subscribed to
            MAIB, I probably would have gladly taken it in virtual form, heck
            even payment in virtual form would have probably kept me in the fold.