[bolger] Re: in defense of Duckworks

  • David Ryan
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2003
      > -- Sue --
      >(sadly, I60 construction is officially suspended until either my
      >partner or I finds a job....)

      Suspended?

      --

      C.E.P.
      415 W.46th Street
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 2003
        Re your "Girls in Homemade Boats" photo contest. Better make it a
        swimsuit contest in homemade boats contest. My wife, Elaine, is an
        ardent feminist and she'll demand some guys photos too!

        It's really good to see so many say that they'll be helping to
        support Duckworks, it's a great e-Rag. I'm an early subscriber, as
        even at $37 tiny little Canadian dollarettes it's still a bargain,
        now if he'll just go back to the old format. I can't find a thing on
        his new one. (I hate learning curves)

        Gotta' go do a few thousand sit ups to get the flab ready for the
        photo shoot.....

        Bruce Hector
        http://www.brucesboats.com
      • riquenz
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 1, 2003
          Hi Chuck
          Even though Duckworks is probably my favorite site, by the time the
          US$25 is translated to NZ dollars, it becomes more like $60 to me. I
          am disapointed that the advertising option ( as a pain in the bum
          that it is) wasn't gone for. I wonder how many of you would pay $60
          for the privelege?
          Thanx,
          Rique

          --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Bosquette" <sbosquette@c...>
          wrote:
          > Count me in also. As a matter of fact I insist on paying my
          > subscription even though I contribute articles from time to time.
          > The $25 is peanuts compared to the daily pleasure I derive from the
          > magazine. The opposite of greedy is cheap and the truth is if you
          > want a cheap(free) magazine then you may get no magazine at all!!
          > You have my full support Chuck and I hope the Magazine continues as
          > paid subscription because I will demand better content and more to
          > offer as a subscriber. We can and should all vote with our
          dollars,
          > if it is not well done we shouldn't spend our hard earned cash!!!
          >
          > Steve Bosquette
        • vicskiff
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 1, 2003
            Wow. And I thought it bad at $36.82 Canadian at today's rate of
            exchange.

            John

            --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "riquenz" <Rique@p...> wrote:
            > Hi Chuck
            > Even though Duckworks is probably my favorite site, by the time the
            > US$25 is translated to NZ dollars, it becomes more like $60 to me.
            > am disapointed that the advertising option ( as a pain in the bum
            > that it is) wasn't gone for. I wonder how many of you would pay $60
            > for the privelege?
            > Thanx,
            > Rique
            >

            > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Bosquette" <sbosquette@c...>
            > wrote:
            > > Count me in also. As a matter of fact I insist on paying my
            > > subscription even though I contribute articles from time to
            time.
            > > The $25 is peanuts compared to the daily pleasure I derive from
            the
            > > magazine. The opposite of greedy is cheap and the truth is if
            you
            > > want a cheap(free) magazine then you may get no magazine at
            all!!
            > > You have my full support Chuck and I hope the Magazine continues
            as
            > > paid subscription because I will demand better content and more
            > > offer as a subscriber. We can and should all vote with our
            > dollars,
            > > if it is not well done we shouldn't spend our hard earned cash!!!
            > >
            > > Steve Bosquette
          • rmdeming
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 2, 2003
              Hi Chuck,
              I am actually glad you are going to keep the content flowing like it
              is. I just have a homepage style website and I haven't changed it in
              forever because of the time involved in doing it. From that
              experience, I know that you must spend a bunch of time with the all
              the rotating content that you have. Build it and they will come! I'm
              hooked, I'll find the $25 and I'm in, but try to realize that some of
              us "cheap" plywood boat builders (as one person called us), have a
              hard parting with bucks that could go to supplies. Thanks for doing
              what you've done for all these years! I hope we can all say this in
              10 years from now when you raise the rate to $26.

              Hang tough ol' boy,
              Rich in Florida
              (I squeeze the paint out of my bushes bristles to gain an extra 1-
              1/2" bottom coverage) Keep Smiling....pays the same as a frown but
              feels better!

              > I guess I should say a word or two in my defense.
            • proaconstrictor
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 5, 2003
                Though I can't afford it, The one advantage in the colonies, is that
                you don't have to double the cost with postage. When I subscribed to
                MAIB, I probably would have gladly taken it in virtual form, heck
                even payment in virtual form would have probably kept me in the fold.