Re: in defense of Duckworks

  • Steve Bosquette
    Message 1 of 11 , Apr 1, 2003
      Count me in also. As a matter of fact I insist on paying my
      subscription even though I contribute articles from time to time.
      The $25 is peanuts compared to the daily pleasure I derive from the
      magazine. The opposite of greedy is cheap and the truth is if you
      want a cheap(free) magazine then you may get no magazine at all!!
      You have my full support Chuck and I hope the Magazine continues as a
      paid subscription because I will demand better content and more to
      offer as a subscriber. We can and should all vote with our dollars,
      if it is not well done we shouldn't spend our hard earned cash!!!

      Steve Bosquette
    • futabachan
      Message 2 of 11 , Apr 1, 2003
        > We have lots of plans, including a "Girls in Homemade Boats" photo
        > contest

        Eep! Must. Finish. Gull.

        -- Sue --
        (sadly, I60 construction is officially suspended until either my
        partner or I finds a job....)

        --
        Susan Davis <futabachan@...>
      • David Ryan
        Message 3 of 11 , Apr 1, 2003
          > -- Sue --
          >(sadly, I60 construction is officially suspended until either my
          >partner or I finds a job....)

          Suspended?

          --

          C.E.P.
          415 W.46th Street
          Message 4 of 11 , Apr 1, 2003
            Re your "Girls in Homemade Boats" photo contest. Better make it a
            swimsuit contest in homemade boats contest. My wife, Elaine, is an
            ardent feminist and she'll demand some guys photos too!

            It's really good to see so many say that they'll be helping to
            support Duckworks, it's a great e-Rag. I'm an early subscriber, as
            even at $37 tiny little Canadian dollarettes it's still a bargain,
            now if he'll just go back to the old format. I can't find a thing on
            his new one. (I hate learning curves)

            Gotta' go do a few thousand sit ups to get the flab ready for the
            photo shoot.....

            Bruce Hector
            http://www.brucesboats.com
          • riquenz
            Message 5 of 11 , Apr 1, 2003
              Hi Chuck
              Even though Duckworks is probably my favorite site, by the time the
              US$25 is translated to NZ dollars, it becomes more like $60 to me. I
              am disapointed that the advertising option ( as a pain in the bum
              that it is) wasn't gone for. I wonder how many of you would pay $60
              for the privelege?
              Thanx,
              Rique

              --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Bosquette" <sbosquette@c...>
              wrote:
              > Count me in also. As a matter of fact I insist on paying my
              > subscription even though I contribute articles from time to time.
              > The $25 is peanuts compared to the daily pleasure I derive from the
              > magazine. The opposite of greedy is cheap and the truth is if you
              > want a cheap(free) magazine then you may get no magazine at all!!
              > You have my full support Chuck and I hope the Magazine continues as
              > paid subscription because I will demand better content and more to
              > offer as a subscriber. We can and should all vote with our
              dollars,
              > if it is not well done we shouldn't spend our hard earned cash!!!
              >
              > Steve Bosquette
            • vicskiff
              Message 6 of 11 , Apr 1, 2003
                Wow. And I thought it bad at $36.82 Canadian at today's rate of
                exchange.

                John

                --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "riquenz" <Rique@p...> wrote:
                > Hi Chuck
                > Even though Duckworks is probably my favorite site, by the time the
                > US$25 is translated to NZ dollars, it becomes more like $60 to me.
                > am disapointed that the advertising option ( as a pain in the bum
                > that it is) wasn't gone for. I wonder how many of you would pay $60
                > for the privelege?
                > Thanx,
                > Rique
                >

                > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Bosquette" <sbosquette@c...>
                > wrote:
                > > Count me in also. As a matter of fact I insist on paying my
                > > subscription even though I contribute articles from time to
                time.
                > > The $25 is peanuts compared to the daily pleasure I derive from
                the
                > > magazine. The opposite of greedy is cheap and the truth is if
                you
                > > want a cheap(free) magazine then you may get no magazine at
                all!!
                > > You have my full support Chuck and I hope the Magazine continues
                as
                > > paid subscription because I will demand better content and more
                > > offer as a subscriber. We can and should all vote with our
                > dollars,
                > > if it is not well done we shouldn't spend our hard earned cash!!!
                > >
                > > Steve Bosquette
              • rmdeming
                Message 7 of 11 , Apr 2, 2003
                  Hi Chuck,
                  I am actually glad you are going to keep the content flowing like it
                  is. I just have a homepage style website and I haven't changed it in
                  forever because of the time involved in doing it. From that
                  experience, I know that you must spend a bunch of time with the all
                  the rotating content that you have. Build it and they will come! I'm
                  hooked, I'll find the $25 and I'm in, but try to realize that some of
                  us "cheap" plywood boat builders (as one person called us), have a
                  hard parting with bucks that could go to supplies. Thanks for doing
                  what you've done for all these years! I hope we can all say this in
                  10 years from now when you raise the rate to $26.

                  Hang tough ol' boy,
                  Rich in Florida
                  (I squeeze the paint out of my bushes bristles to gain an extra 1-
                  1/2" bottom coverage) Keep Smiling....pays the same as a frown but
                  feels better!

                  > I guess I should say a word or two in my defense.
                • proaconstrictor
                  Message 8 of 11 , Apr 5, 2003
                    Though I can't afford it, The one advantage in the colonies, is that
                    you don't have to double the cost with postage. When I subscribed to
                    MAIB, I probably would have gladly taken it in virtual form, heck
                    even payment in virtual form would have probably kept me in the fold.