[bolger] Re: Duckworks Charging for Subscriptions

  • craig o'donnell
    Message 1 of 37 , Mar 31, 2003
      >He has written that he is "more or less imitating" the career of
      >William Atkins who published a design a month for years (in Rudder, I
      >think it was).

      Billy Atkin designed for Motor Boating and a few other mags put out
      by the same publisher.
      --
      Craig O'Donnell
      Sinepuxent Ancestors & Boats

      -- Macintosh kinda guy
      Friend of Wanda the Wonder Cat, 1991-1997.
      _________________________________
      ---
    • welshman@ptialaska.net
      Message 37 of 37 , Apr 1, 2003
        As I read the last two MAIB's it became instantly apparent to me that
        Bolger was writing them. I laid out several past articles and those two for
        my 17 year old son to do a composition comparison. He's at the stage where
        he can recognize good and bad writing, but he's not sure why it's good or
        bad.

        Bolger as a teaching tool for English, is there no end to the usefulness of
        his work?

        HJ

        I don't think I could stomach a whole book full of Susanne's writing! :oP I
        hope she has lots of other virtues, because her prose will never get her
        past the pearly gates. It was a pleasant surprise to open up the last two
        issues of MAIB and find that Phil himself had written the articles! :o)

        http://mail2web.com/ .