Re: First Gypsy

  • marwesmed
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 30, 2003
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "fanthonywhite" <medipak@e...> wrote:
      > I have just received plans to build my first boat, Bolger's Gypsy.
      >
      > I'd like to hear from people who have made changes to the plans or
      > Peyton's chapter on how to build the boat.
      >
      > Fortunately I have two friends with boat building experience to
      help
      > me get it done "right", hopefully the first time.
      >
      > Thanks for your suggestions.

      I built a Gypsy last year from Payson's book. It was my first boat
      and like most I wanted something different. I'm not a sailor but I do
      like to row and use a electric trolling motor. So I left out the
      center board, mast partner, rudder, etc. I also installed frames on 1
      1/2 ft centers. I did install #3 bulkhead and decked it. filled the
      cavite with foam flotation. I also installed a storage box with hatch
      in that bow area. In the stern I put two foam flotation boxes one on
      each side. I installed two row lock stations. I like that little
      boat, its a little tender, but I'll build another for fishing.
      Wes