Re: macs

  • Mark A.
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 29, 2003
      Peter,

      If you have a substantial amount of money to spend, Maxsurf is Mac:
      http://www.formsys.com/

      The Mac version of the free SDN always crashes my OS 8.6, 6500
      http://ants.dif.um.es/~humberto/sdn/sdn.html

      To do much, best to have the Virtual PC emulator from Connectix.
      http://www.connectix.com/products/vpc6m.html
      I just noticed they've been purchased by, who else but, Microsoft. Guess they won't be
      putting out the Linux package any more.

      VPC 6 is only for OS 9 or 10. If need be, you might find an older version remaindered somewhere.
      Last I looked, the RealPC / Soft PC company was also purchased ( not by Mr. Gates ) and
      they aren't yet available again. But look. When they were still in business, I got the
      RealPC download for only $35.

      There are also some available at
      http://emulation.net/

      The effect is nice, runnning in a window seamlessly. I call mine a MacWintosh.

      With an emulator, you can run all the free boat design packages and demos. I believe the
      best is Greg Carlsons's Hull Designer, though I'm not sure it'll work on anything later
      than Win '95 or '98.

      Good luck; if you get totally stuck, write me direct.
      Mark

      peterpage_2000 wrote:

      > does anyone know of a design programe for macs
    • dbaldnz
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 30, 2003
        Mark, I loaded Gregs Hull Designer yesterday, and it works perfecly
        on my pc running Windows XP. After it told me I needed file VN....?
        which I downloaded after Google found it for me.
        DonB

        I believe the
        > best is Greg Carlsons's Hull Designer, though I'm not sure it'll
        work on anything later
        > than Win '95 or '98.
        >
        > Good luck; if you get totally stuck, write me direct.
        > Mark
      • Mark A.
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 30, 2003
          So much the better. Duly noted. Thanks.

        • jhkohnen@boat-links.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1 12:49 AM
            Gregg has the proper vbrun file available on his site, just scroll _up_
            (counterintuitive) a little bit. Hull Designer runs fine on my computer with
            XP too.

            --
            John <jkohnen@...>
            http://www.boat-links.com/