macs

  • peterpage_2000
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 29, 2003
      does anyone know of a design programe for macs
    • Mark A.
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 29, 2003
        Peter,

        If you have a substantial amount of money to spend, Maxsurf is Mac:
        http://www.formsys.com/

        The Mac version of the free SDN always crashes my OS 8.6, 6500
        http://ants.dif.um.es/~humberto/sdn/sdn.html

        To do much, best to have the Virtual PC emulator from Connectix.
        http://www.connectix.com/products/vpc6m.html
        I just noticed they've been purchased by, who else but, Microsoft. Guess they won't be
        putting out the Linux package any more.

        VPC 6 is only for OS 9 or 10. If need be, you might find an older version remaindered somewhere.
        Last I looked, the RealPC / Soft PC company was also purchased ( not by Mr. Gates ) and
        they aren't yet available again. But look. When they were still in business, I got the
        RealPC download for only $35.

        There are also some available at
        http://emulation.net/

        The effect is nice, runnning in a window seamlessly. I call mine a MacWintosh.

        With an emulator, you can run all the free boat design packages and demos. I believe the
        best is Greg Carlsons's Hull Designer, though I'm not sure it'll work on anything later
        than Win '95 or '98.

        Good luck; if you get totally stuck, write me direct.
        Mark

        peterpage_2000 wrote:

        > does anyone know of a design programe for macs
      • dbaldnz
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 30, 2003
          Mark, I loaded Gregs Hull Designer yesterday, and it works perfecly
          on my pc running Windows XP. After it told me I needed file VN....?
          which I downloaded after Google found it for me.
          DonB

          I believe the
          > best is Greg Carlsons's Hull Designer, though I'm not sure it'll
          work on anything later
          > than Win '95 or '98.
          >
          > Good luck; if you get totally stuck, write me direct.
          > Mark
        • Mark A.
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 30, 2003
            So much the better. Duly noted. Thanks.

          • jhkohnen@boat-links.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
              Gregg has the proper vbrun file available on his site, just scroll _up_
              (counterintuitive) a little bit. Hull Designer runs fine on my computer with
              XP too.

              --
              John <jkohnen@...>
              http://www.boat-links.com/