Re: SAW BLADES

  • John Cupp
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 22, 2003
      I must be lucky because the blades I have are 36 teeth 1/16th kerf.
      I even fired up the saw to make a test cut(in pain)through some very
      knotty 2X4 and it went through like butter.

      The Makita hypoid saw really works well also it has a rip fence
      attachment to make long cuts almost as well as a table saw. I'm a
      happy camper. I'm hoping I can get the doctor to fix me so I can
      start building some Bolger boats soon. I wish I had some oak scrap
      to test the blade on now. I know, I'll get my wife to build a brick
      and get started so I can fulfill myself vicariously through her. It
      will never work because she will chip a fingernail and that will be
      the end.

      John

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, Harry James <welshman@p...> wrote:

      > I went back to the Western web site and found that the Econ blade
      has 24
      > teeth.
      >
      > HJ
      >

      > > John
      > >
      > > A quick scout of the Western Home page should the 7 1/4 MAT714
      on sale for
      > > $22.99. There is another blade called the MAT 714econ for $8.99.
      I suspect