Re: to fiberglass or not to fiberglass?

  • proaconstrictor
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 6, 2003
      Some Bolger skiffs have really heavy bends in their panels. I don't
      think that a panel breaking during the bend is unthinkable. Once the
      panels are in place, however, it takes relatively modest strenght for
      them to live out a useful life. I wouldn't worry too much about the
      strength of the resultant boat, particularly if it is expected to be
      used only in situations you could swim out of.

      My advice would continue to be to find ways to make the panel
      stronger, rather than finding ways to shake the boat apart.

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Bruce Hallman" <brucehallman@y...>