Off Topic - San Diego, CA

  • wmrpage <wmrpage@aol.com>
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 5, 2003
      I just did a quick in-and-out business trip to San Diego, CA. It was
      60 degrees Fahrenheit there, with a nice onshore breeze in the
      afternoon, clear sky and sunshine! (Also palm trees, the "Star of
      India" on the waterfront, etd.) Some wit (Henry James?) once said
      that if Americans could go to heaven when they die, they would end up
      on Paris. I've spent some time in Paris, which definitely has some
      charms, but Ooooh! San Diego Bay! In February! I think that might be
      where virtuous Minnesotans would go when they die, given the choice.

      I may have to re-visit San Diego again in the next 6-8 weeks. If
      anyone has any suggestions on how I might cajole a sail out of
      someone I'd be eternally grateful.

      Ciao for Niao,
      Bill in MN
    • Paul W. Esterle
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 6, 2003
        Can't solve your sail problem, but a harbor cruise is worthwhile. The cruise
        we were on was narrated by a navy man. He knew all about what ships were in
        port and their histories. Also don't miss Downwind Marine and the biggest
        West Marine I've ever been in, out near Shelter Island.

        BTW, how did you like the landing at Lindberg Field? Coming down that
        canyon, level with the apartment windows on the left and right!

        Paul Esterle
        Bryn Awel (Columbia 10.7)
        Bristol, TN/Newark De
        http://pages.preferred.com/~pesterle/
      • Bill Paxton <bill@paxtonconsulting.com>
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 6, 2003
          I can second the Harbor Cruise. We took the two-hour cruise and
          loved every minute. La Jolla wasn't bad, either.

          The other Bill in MN

          --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "wmrpage <wmrpage@a...>"

        • wmrpage@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 6, 2003
            pesterle@... writes:

            > BTW, how did you like the landing at Lindberg Field?

            Wheeeeeeeee!!!!! You betcha!

          • Egatempo@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 6, 2003
              In a message dated 2/6/2003 2:25:49 PM Eastern Standard Time,
              bill@... writes:

              > I can second the Harbor Cruise. We took the two-hour cruise and
              > loved every minute. La Jolla wasn't bad, either.
              >
              > The other Bill in MN
              >
              > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "wmrpage <wmrpage@a...>"
              > <wmrpage@a...> wrote:
              > > I just did a quick in-and-out business trip to San Diego, CA. It
              > was
              > > 60

              Bill

              Ditto on Harbor Cruise, If you have the time a day trip to Catilina is worth
              it.

              George
              Boatless
              We cannot direct the wind,
              but we can adjust our sails.

            • Richard Barnes
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 7, 2003
                Our youth group stayed in the motel catty corner from the southeast end of the runway one summer. Fun getting to count the rivets on the aircraft as they come in to land. Earplugs are wonderful creations.

                Did you notice the Marine recruits at the induction center as you flew over? You can almost see the looks on their faces as the DI's chew on them.

                Richard
                > BTW, how did you like the landing at Lindberg Field?

                Wheeeeeeeee!!!!! You betcha!

                Bolger rules!!!