Re: Peel Ply

  • soussouchew <vachew@voyager.net>
    Message 1 of 65 , Feb 4, 2003
      I have not experienced the outgassing phenomenon using MDO
      plywood. I have used peelply only on the butt joints and consider
      it well worth the expense. When I removed the clamping boards,
      there was no filling or sanding required.

      For pre-glassing or coating the large flat surfaces in the
      horizontal position, peelply is too expensive and is unnecessary.
      I use adhesive applicator roller covers. These are roller covers
      with 1/8" nylon bristles rather than the nap found on paint rollers.
      They are specifically designed for epoxy and other adhesives.
      They are made by Linzer and I find them at Home Depot. I cut
      them in half because I find it less tiring to use a 4" roller. Short
      lengths of these roller covers, split on the bandsaw and wedged
      into a saw kerf at the end of a stick, make great brushes.

      Vince Chew

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "home" <boatbuilding@g...>
      wrote:
      > Probably all of the above. Out-gassing is a real problem with
      epoxy in some
      > temperature environments where it can swing by large
      amounts. I have a real
      > problem with it here in CO where nights can be 55 - 60
      degrees and day time
    • soussouchew <vachew@voyager.net>
      Message 65 of 65 , Feb 4, 2003