Re: [bolger] Re: PCB point of view

  • Charles Vaughan
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2003
      What is the Jochems? have not seen anything on it. dinensions and draft.

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2003
        > What is the Jochems? have not seen anything on it. dinensions and
        draft.

        For some pictures, look in Photos under "Bjorn's WDJ". There was a
        long writeup in MAIB which is probably around somewhere. There was
        also an article about WDJ and St. Valerie in WoodenBoat some time ago.

        Peter
      • proaconstrictor <proaconstrictor@yahoo.c
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2003
          --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "s_paskey <s_paskey@y...>"
          <s_paskey@y...> wrote:
          > Excellent point. When I inquired about Tennessee or another boat
          for
          > relaxed river cruising with modest power, PBF suggested Jochems
          > without the sailing rig, and the motor well moved to the
          centerline.
          > They even sent along a profile sketch of the modified Jochems, with
          > the rig, leeboards, and billethead whited out, and a bimini over
          the
          > cockpit.
          >
          > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "pvanderwaart <pvanderw@o...>"
          > <pvanderw@o...> wrote:
          > An additional point of view about PCB and his backlist of designs
          is
          > that they are not all uniformly good,

          Though other than the ability to later configure Jochens as a
          sailboat, what would be better about his arangement than the
          Tennessee?