Re: boatbuilding shelter

  • laekadaniel <breitz@erols.com>
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2003
      Check out one of the on line greenhouse suppliers. There are plastics
      available that force the condensate to sheet down the sides of the
      house versus dripping. Drips from the greenhouse cover are a great
      way to promote fungus etc. in young plants. Greenhouse grade plastics
      are not cheap, but if they solve the problem... Daniel

      > of rain. The problem is it's raining in my shelter. There are no
      > leaks but condensation is rampant. I have wet plywood that I'll
      have
    • Harry James
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2003
        Fritz

        I have had simular experiances with Visqueen, the only way I know to stop it
        is make the shelter a true double pane, ie double separated layers sealed
        from each other with a dead air space and totally inclosed. If you keep the
        temperature slightly higher inside it should keep the humidity (85% instead
        of 100%) low enough to stop the condensation. I think that is your best shot,
        though this winter we are having might defeat even that. I have one of those
        20 ft shelters from Cosco out back for my wood stack, basically sitting in a
        swamp the way this winter has been and it has remained dry inside, so it may
        be a material problem.

        HJ