PCB point of view

  • pvanderwaart <pvanderw@optonline.net>
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 30 12:53 PM
      An additional point of view about PCB and his backlist of designs is
      that they are not all uniformly good, and he consideres many to be
      superceded by later designs. For example, someone mentioned on the
      list a little while ago that folks inquiring about Whalewatcher are
      redirected to the Jochems schooner.

      By the same token, when answering questions on this list, I try to
      quote PCB when I can, but I am mindful that he may have changed his
      mind since the quoted material was published.

      Peter
    • Bruce Hallman <brucehallman@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 30 2:20 PM
        --- "pvanderwaart wrote:

        > redirected to the Jochems schooner.

        I alway feel frustration stumbling
        around the photo section, etc..
        searching for photos about the WDJ
        [and other Bolger boats] lacking
        a good list of links.

        I just started a new folder in the
        Links section of this Group which
        we could used to centralize link
        pointers to Bolger Boats on the Web

        This listing could grow into a useful
        resource, almost as good as a hyper-link
        catalogue of Bolger Designs.

        961728/

        Watch for URL wrap.

        [Could the moderator clean out the spam posted in 'Links' too please?]
      • s_paskey <s_paskey@yahoo.com>
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 31 8:00 AM
          Excellent point. When I inquired about Tennessee or another boat for
          relaxed river cruising with modest power, PBF suggested Jochems
          without the sailing rig, and the motor well moved to the centerline.
          They even sent along a profile sketch of the modified Jochems, with
          the rig, leeboards, and billethead whited out, and a bimini over the
          cockpit.

          --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "pvanderwaart <pvanderw@o...>"
          <pvanderw@o...> wrote:
          An additional point of view about PCB and his backlist of designs is
          that they are not all uniformly good, and he consideres many to be
          superceded by later designs. For example, someone mentioned on the
          list a little while ago that folks inquiring about Whalewatcher are
          redirected to the Jochems schooner.
          > Peter
        • Charles Vaughan
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 2, 2003
            What is the Jochems? have not seen anything on it. dinensions and draft.

            <pvanderw@o...> wrote:
            An additional point of view about PCB and his backlist of designs is
            that they are not all uniformly good, and he consideres many to be
            superceded by later designs. For example, someone mentioned on the
            list a little while ago that folks inquiring about Whalewatcher are
            redirected to the Jochems schooner.
            > Peter

            Bolger rules!!!

          • pvanderwaart <pvanderw@optonline.net>
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 2, 2003
              > What is the Jochems? have not seen anything on it. dinensions and
              draft.

              For some pictures, look in Photos under "Bjorn's WDJ". There was a
              long writeup in MAIB which is probably around somewhere. There was
              also an article about WDJ and St. Valerie in WoodenBoat some time ago.

              Peter
            • proaconstrictor <proaconstrictor@yahoo.c
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 2, 2003
                --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "s_paskey <s_paskey@y...>"
                <s_paskey@y...> wrote:
                > Excellent point. When I inquired about Tennessee or another boat
                for
                > relaxed river cruising with modest power, PBF suggested Jochems
                > without the sailing rig, and the motor well moved to the
                centerline.
                > They even sent along a profile sketch of the modified Jochems, with
                > the rig, leeboards, and billethead whited out, and a bimini over
                the
                > cockpit.
                >
                > --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "pvanderwaart <pvanderw@o...>"
                > <pvanderw@o...> wrote:
                > An additional point of view about PCB and his backlist of designs
                is
                > that they are not all uniformly good,

                Though other than the ability to later configure Jochens as a
                sailboat, what would be better about his arangement than the
                Tennessee?