Tar

  • pauldayau <wattleweedooseeds@bigpond.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 22, 2003
      on our beloved Barquentine the decks aresealed with a layer of tar
      for waterproofing. Inevitably somewhere on the ship, it is oozing
      out , onto the teak decking.
      When the decking is lifted it is a battle royal to get the planks up
      without breaking them.
      the deck get dosed with seawater every day without fail.
      My two bob.
      chears paul
      ps , we're off for our annual volunteer stint tommorrow, taking 2
      oldest daughters to stay on board,
      taking the folding schooner , so she will have her first proffesioal
      crew, a real captain, first officer and bosun when she sails on the
      suothern ocean for the first time.