FYI on LED Lights

  • Jeff <boatbuilding@goldencoast.com>
    Message 1 of 65 , Jan 19, 2003
      I have spent a lot of time over the last month trying to get LED
      lighting figured out for my Wyoming project but alas, same as Rich
      Spelling discovered, LEDs are not there yet. But I did get a pulse
      generator figured out that'll make LEDs much brighter and cheaper to
      assemble an anchor light. The complete circuit less LEDs can be
      assembled for about $8.00 in Radio Shack prices. I posted
      schematics, theory, and my conclusions on my website. These are
      just my thoughts and conclusions, if anyone can make if work better,
      please, I'm all ears so to speak.

      Jeff
      www.dreamwater.net/cosailor
    • soussouchew <vachew@voyager.net>
      Message 65 of 65 , Feb 4, 2003
        I have not experienced the outgassing phenomenon using MDO
        plywood. I have used peelply only on the butt joints and consider
        it well worth the expense. When I removed the clamping boards,
        there was no filling or sanding required.

        For pre-glassing or coating the large flat surfaces in the
        horizontal position, peelply is too expensive and is unnecessary.
        I use adhesive applicator roller covers. These are roller covers
        with 1/8" nylon bristles rather than the nap found on paint rollers.
        They are specifically designed for epoxy and other adhesives.
        They are made by Linzer and I find them at Home Depot. I cut
        them in half because I find it less tiring to use a 4" roller. Short
        lengths of these roller covers, split on the bandsaw and wedged
        into a saw kerf at the end of a stick, make great brushes.

        Vince Chew

        --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "home" <boatbuilding@g...>
        wrote:
        > Probably all of the above. Out-gassing is a real problem with
        epoxy in some
        > temperature environments where it can swing by large
        amounts. I have a real
        > problem with it here in CO where nights can be 55 - 60
        degrees and day time