Re: Navigator Photos

  • hobie_ind <hobie@cbn.net.id>
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 1, 2003
      Don,
      Have you thought of making some of the blocks yourself? A well
      written article is in Duckworks Magazine (about 2 lines under your
      article) in the 'Articles' section.

      I've loooked at the plans I have for the Navigator conversion and you
      wouldn't be able to use these for all of the blocks, but you should
      be able to use it for some. It could bring the cost down a bit and
      would look really good.

      http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/articles/woodenblocks/woodenblocks.ht

      Regards,
      Mark Oliver
      Jakarta - Indonesia

      PS. Nice looking conversion. I've been waiting for someone to try
      the Navigator version.

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "dbaldnz <oink@p...>" <oink@p...>

    • dbaldnz <oink@paradise.net.nz>
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 1, 2003
        Thanks for the reference Mark. The blocks you refer to are truly
        beautiful. I know what you mean, they would look the part. Really,
        all the blocks for Navigator are very small, and blocks of that type
        may be fiddly and difficult to make in a small size. Time is a major
        factor....I have been so busy working that my boatbuilding has
        hardly progressed lately. I'm making an all-out effort during the
        summer holiday to get her painted and rigged.
        DonB

        > Don,
        > Have you thought of making some of the blocks yourself? A well
        > written article is in Duckworks Magazine (about 2 lines under your
        > article) in the 'Articles' section.
        >
        > I've loooked at the plans I have for the Navigator conversion and
        you
        > wouldn't be able to use these for all of the blocks, but you
        should
        > be able to use it for some. It could bring the cost down a bit
        and
        > would look really good.

        http://www.duckworksmagazine.com/articles/woodenblocks/woodenblocks.>

      • Harry James
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 1, 2003
          Try

          http://catalog.com/bobpone/plywoodblocks.htm

          Easy to make blocks that you could set up a production line on, and mass
          produce.

          I have purchased some material from McMaster's to take a shot at setting up a
          production line some weekend this winter. They sell UHMW plastic rod and I
          will slice pieces off, drill a center hole and put a grove in for sheaves. I
          plan on using sheet aluminum cheeks and aluminum tube spacers with pop rivets
          holding the whole thing together.

          HJ