For BRUCE HALLMAN and other CHAMPLAIN admirerers.....

  • Peter Lenihan
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 3, 2002
      Finally scanned and corrected the three photos of the wonderful
      Bolger designed CHAMPLAIN which appeared in the latest issue of WATER
      CRAFT.These photos are courtesy of WATER CRAFT magazine and are
      presented here for all those who simply don't have access to this
      magazine,cannot wait for the latest issue to arrive or simply love to
      drool over some well rendered amateur "works of art".If the link does
      not work,check out the "photos" over on BOLGER2 under CHAMPLAIN.

      Sedgewicks++FENESTRA.jpg&.src=gr&.view=t&.hires=t

      Sweet dreams,Bolgerados!
      Sincerely,
      Peter Lenihan,with his own"stretched" Champlain to dream about every
      night,from along the crispy cold St.Lawrence..........
    • Bruce Hector
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 4, 2002
        Yep. she's a beaut Pete. I met Han Van Pelt at a Power Squadron BBQ a
        year or so back. Nice guy, but dang it all, he didn't have his boat
        with him. Too bad.

        By contrast, your beautiful X-rated Windemere will be a palatial airy
        floating house of ill repute if I am taking the meaning of
        your "Pleasure of Marine" quotes correctly. BTW, was there ever an
        english version by chance.

        Bruce Hector, dreaming of a post Christmas trip down to Chuck
        Leinweiber's neck of the woods and a jaunt over to Mexico's Copper
        Canyon to escape the chill. Jeeeez! -19 today with squeaky snow and
        the &^%$$# defrosters on the truck chose this morning to pack it in.
        Had to use my American Express card as a ice scraper,....Don't leave
        home without it!
      • Peter Lenihan
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 4, 2002
          --- In bolger@y..., "Bruce Hector" <bruce_hector@h...> wrote:
          > By contrast, your beautiful X-rated Windemere will be a palatial
          airy
          > floating house of ill repute if I am taking the meaning of
          > your "Pleasure of Marine" quotes correctly. BTW, was there ever an
          > english version by chance.

          'Morning Bruce,
          Yes,the WINDERMERE promises to deliver on many levels
          however,the proper translation is closer to"The Sailors Pleasures".To
          the best of my knowledge,it was never translated but my Pesky Crew
          informs me that an underground edition does(did) exists in
          Italien.Hmmmmm.........
          And what is this about"X-rated" anyway?! Me thoughts are as
          pure as the driven snow!(but if you know anything about our snow,it
          can get deceptively..er...ah....shall we say,"dirty".)Besides,a
          fertile imagination is,in my humble opinion,the thinking mans
          Playboy.....ArrrrrGGGGhhhh!
          Ain't winter fun,eh?
          Sincerely,
          Peter Lenihan,who went to work with the wind howling the temperature
          down to -25......yikes!........
        • John Spoering
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 27, 2003
            HI PETER

            WOW - I THOUGHT WE LOST YOU.

            THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY TO MY QUESTION ON WANTING TO MAKE CHANGES
            TO "CHAMPLAIN"
            NATURALLY, I'M GOING TO DISCUSS IT WITH PB&F FIRST. HE'S BEEN MY GURU
            FOR MANY A YEAR. SPEAKING OF YEARS THE REASON BARBARA AND I ARE TRYING
            TO FIT A DOUBLE BED INTO CHAMPLAIN IS 50 YEARS OF SHARING THE SAME ONE -
            OLD HABITS ARE HARD TO BREAK, EVEN THOUGH I'VE EXPLAINED THAT EVEN AT
            ANCHOR OR IN A MARINA, THE WAKE OF OTHERS WILL PROBABLY ROLL US AROUND -
            SHE JUST SMILED. I GUESS MEN ARE JUST THICK AT TIMES.

            IF I UNDERSTAND RIGHT THE CHAMPLAIN THAT WAS "PROFESSIONALLY"
            BUILT WAS CHANGED FROM THE RAISED CABIN FLOOR MIDSHIPS AS ORIGINALLY
            DESIGNED, TO AN ALL LOWER LEVEL EVEN FLOOR WITHOUT THE UNDERDECK
            STORAGE. I'LL STICK TO WHAT BOLGER SAYS. OUR LIMITATIONS ARE BUILDING
            SPACE AND BUDGET, OTHERWISE WE'D BE GOING FOR A BOLGER DESIGN WITH ROOM
            FOR KIDS & GRANDKIDS TOO.

            NO ONE AROUND HERE SEEMS TO KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT BOLGER POWER
            SHARPIES SO I'M REACHING ACROSS THE BORDER FOR ADVISE.

            GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK AT THE BOLGER WEB SITE -YOU'VE BEEN THERE -
            DONE THAT. WHEN YOU CRUISE "WINDERMERE" (SEE - I EVEN SPELLED IT RIGHT
            THIS TIME) SOUTH I HOPE YOU'LL CALL AND DROP BY.

            ALOHA - JACK SPOERING - FT LAUDERDALE, FL

          • hirbourceline
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 27, 2003
              Jack

              Han Van Pelt's Champlain, the one attending the messabout in Kingston
              next
              September, has a double berth...and a single one. It was simply
              achieved by
              lowering the table down to the berth level on one side. Ask Hector or
              Peter to
              check for details although they may ask you for cases of beers in
              their reply!
              (One for each of course)

              Paul

              ..... --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "John Spoering" <spoering@e...>
              wrote:
              > HI PETER
              >
              > WOW - I THOUGHT WE LOST YOU.
              >
              > THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY TO MY QUESTION ON WANTING TO
              MAKE CHANGES
              > TO "CHAMPLAIN"
              > NATURALLY, I'M GOING TO DISCUSS IT WITH PB&F FIRST. HE'S BEEN
              MY GURU
              > FOR MANY A YEAR. SPEAKING OF YEARS THE REASON BARBARA
              AND I ARE TRYING
              > TO FIT A DOUBLE BED INTO CHAMPLAIN IS 50 YEARS OF SHARING
              THE SAME ONE -
              > OLD HABITS ARE HARD TO BREAK, EVEN THOUGH I'VE EXPLAINED
              THAT EVEN AT
              > ANCHOR OR IN A MARINA, THE WAKE OF OTHERS WILL PROBABLY
              ROLL US AROUND -
              > SHE JUST SMILED. I GUESS MEN ARE JUST THICK AT TIMES.
              >
              > IF I UNDERSTAND RIGHT THE CHAMPLAIN THAT WAS
              "PROFESSIONALLY"
              > BUILT WAS CHANGED FROM THE RAISED CABIN FLOOR MIDSHIPS AS
              ORIGINALLY
              > DESIGNED, TO AN ALL LOWER LEVEL EVEN FLOOR WITHOUT THE
              UNDERDECK
              > STORAGE. I'LL STICK TO WHAT BOLGER SAYS. OUR LIMITATIONS
              ARE BUILDING
              > SPACE AND BUDGET, OTHERWISE WE'D BE GOING FOR A BOLGER
              DESIGN WITH ROOM
              > FOR KIDS & GRANDKIDS TOO.
              >

              > ALOHA - JACK
              SPOERING - FT LAUDERDALE,
              FL

            • John Spoering
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 28, 2003
                HI PAUL & ALL

                PERHAPS SOMEONE AT THE MESSABOUT CAN GET A PICTURE OF VAN PELTS "CHAMPLAIN" WITH THAT DOUBLE BERTH EXTENDED AND POST IT ON THE BOLGER SITE. SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA AND A NEAT WAY TO GET A 3rd BERTH IN THERE.

                ALOHA - JACK SPOERING - FT LAUDERDALE, FL

                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 28, 2003
                  --- John Spoering wrote:
                  > PERHAPS SOMEONE AT THE MESSABOUT CAN GET A
                  > PICTURE OF VAN PELTS "CHAMPLAIN"

                  Yes, please!!!!!!

                  I would really like to see
                  a dozen, or more photos,
                  of the Han Van Pelt Champlain,
                  especially 'detail' photos,
                  inside and out.

                  My S.O. keeps inquiring,
                  and I really want to keep
                  her happy...so I will probably
                  need to build her one.
                • Jeff
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 28, 2003
                    I'll be taking plenty of photos of the Champlain cabin since it's very much
                    like the Wyoming in layout. I'll use my digital camera so I should be able
                    to post photos if no one else has any, though it'll take a week since we
                    won't fly back until the following Friday.

                    Jeff

                    > PERHAPS SOMEONE AT THE MESSABOUT CAN GET A PICTURE OF VAN PELTS
                    "CHAMPLAIN" WITH THAT DOUBLE BERTH EXTENDED AND POST IT ON THE BOLGER SITE.
                    SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT IDEA AND A NEAT WAY TO GET A 3rd BERTH IN THERE.

                    ALOHA - JACK SPOERING - FT LAUDERDALE, FL

                    (978) 282-1349

                  • John Spoering
                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 28, 2003
                      HI JEFF -

                      MY THANKS TO YOU FOR OFFERING TO PUT MORE "CHAMPLAIN" PICTURES ON THE BOLGER SITE. DO YOU HAVE THE RAISED MID-SECTION CABIN FLOOR AS SHOWN ON THE ORIGINAL PLANS ?

                      THERE SEEMS TO BE A LOT OF BOLGERITES EAGER TO SEE "CHAMPLAIN" PHOTO'S BOTH INSIDE AND OUT.

                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 28, 2003
                        No raised floor down the center on the Wyo but on either side of the 28"
                        wide center isle is a 10" tall "intercoastal" which is essentially a I-beam
                        configuration of 1/2" plywood and 2x2s. The settees/berths are raised so
                        you have to step up to get into them. This gives storage for tankage
                        underneath and gets you up high enough to see out the windows nicely. For
                        the head area you have to step over the intercoastals to enter and in the
                        kitchenette area they are built into the cabinet front.

                        What I noticed about the Champlain is that other than being a few feet
                        shorter in main cabin length, the lay out is almost identical to the
                        Wyoming.

                        I'll take lot's of photos.