CSB

  • aquatronclaus
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3, 2002
      Just ordered some designs from CSB from a week ago or so, wired the
      money, 4 days after I got the plans of Micro, Microtrawler and the
      Idaho 31. There was a very nice instruction with description "how to
      build Idaho" very clear also for me as a first time "possible"
      builder, I have several plans, I have never seen a simple to build
      boat as the Idaho, I now think I have found the design for me. All
      my compliments to Jerry, he also responced prompt and offered 10%
      discount, 20 $ was missed in my wire of transfere, I think it was
      bank charge or something, Jerry said OK and mailed the plans with no
      forther comments. I have to tell that I am living in Denmark - Europe
      Claus
    • jeff
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 3, 2002
        I've seen hand owned plans for Tennessee, Idaho, and Wyoming. Other than
        size, the Idaho and Wyo are probably as difficult technically. But, the
        Tennessee is as simple as it gets IMHO.

        Jeff

        > Just ordered some designs from CSB from a week ago or so, wired the
        > money, 4 days after I got the plans of Micro, Microtrawler and the
        > Idaho 31. There was a very nice instruction with description "how to
        > build Idaho" very clear also for me as a first time "possible"
        > builder, I have several plans, I have never seen a simple to build
        > boat as the Idaho, I now think I have found the design for me. All
        > my compliments to Jerry, he also responced prompt and offered 10%
        > discount, 20 $ was missed in my wire of transfere, I think it was
        > bank charge or something, Jerry said OK and mailed the plans with no
        > forther comments. I have to tell that I am living in Denmark - Europe
        > Claus

        01930, Fax: (978) 282-1349

      • aquatronclaus
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 4, 2002
          --- In bolger@y..., "jeff" <boatbuilding@g...> wrote:
          > I've seen hand owned plans for Tennessee, Idaho, and Wyoming.
          Other than
          > size, the Idaho and Wyo are probably as difficult technically.
          But, the
          > Tennessee is as simple as it gets IMHO.
          >
          > Jeff
          >
          > Are you saying, that the Tennessee is the easiest boat to built
          compared with Idaho and Wyoming, the Idaho is mainly built without
          bulkheads, to me (a total novice) the Idaho looks pretty simple, if
          the Tennesse is even more simple I think I will go ahead with that
          design, Do you expect that I as first time builder can construct a
          Wyoming? What do you mean with IMHO? many thanks for your reply!

          Claus

          Fred' posts
          > > - add your comments at the TOP and SIGN your posts and
          <snip> away
          > > - To order plans: Mr. Philip C. Bolger, P.O. Box 1209,
          Gloucester, MA,
          > 01930, Fax: (978) 282-1349
          > > - Unsubscribe: bolger-unsubscribe@y...
          > > - Open discussion: bolger_coffee_lounge-subscribe@y...
          > >
          > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • brucehallman
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 4, 2002
            > > --- "jeff" <boatbuilding@g...> wrote:
            > > Tennessee is as simple as it gets IMHO.

            >--- "aquatronclaus" <aquatronboat@h...>
            > first time builder can construct a Wyoming?

            Wyoming is a huge boat!
            Tennessee is pretty big.

            In my opinion, and first time
            builder should start with a
            small boat. None are better
            than a Teal, with the really
            excellent building instructions
            offered in the Dynamite Payson
            book. You *must* read the
            Payson book _Instant Boats_
            ISBN:0-887222-02-2

            See also:
            http://www.instantboats.com/teal.htm
          • jeff
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 4, 2002
              IMHO - In my honest opinion

              The Idaho has a false floor in it for a wheel chair and for the cabin. It's
              very narrow for it's length too.

              Yes, a beginner could build a Wyo but don't! It's a ton of work and money
              to invest to find out your not into boat building.

              The Tennessee is a big boat as well. If you've never built a boat, I'd at
              least knock together something simple like a Teal, a Dory, or such to get
              the hang of building.

              I finished a big part of a Tennessee before selling it and moving on to the
              Wyo. I've owned and studied all of these plans and "IMHO" the Tennessee is
              the easiest of the three. It's also is the cheapest in materials.

            • David Ryan
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 4, 2002
                >> > --- "jeff" <boatbuilding@g...> wrote:
                >> > Tennessee is as simple as it gets IMHO.
                >
                >>--- "aquatronclaus" <aquatronboat@h...>
                >> first time builder can construct a Wyoming?
                >
                >Wyoming is a huge boat!
                >Tennessee is pretty big.
                >
                >In my opinion, and first time
                >builder should start with a
                >small boat. None are better
                >than a Teal, with the really

                Far be it for me to *ever* discourage anyone from building a big
                boat. However, you'll never regreat building a Teal. Simple, cheap,
                fast, good looking, rows well, sails well. Build it first (so you
                have something to have some boating fun in while you're building the
                Wyo) When the Wyo is done put the Teal on the roof! The Teal's not
                big enough, you say? I say Zephyr, Surf, Windsprint!

                And remember, if you like boat-building enough to finish something
                like the Wyoming you'll never be getting ready to start your last
                boat; only your next one!

                YIBB,

                David
                --