Re: ugh, oh...the off season

  • Peter Lenihan
    Message 1 of 47 , Dec 3, 2002
      --- In bolger@y..., "brucehallman" <brucehallman@y...> wrote:
      > > end up with much more "interior" living room with the Navigator
      >
      > > Not exactly 'outside' but I suspect Navigator gets plenty of
      fresh
      > air. I bet the
      > forward hatch would be a happy place to stand and enjoy the view
      > while one's boat mate uses the porta-potty in the 'master cabin'
      > <grin>.

      Hi Bruce,
      I am sure that the Navigator has many means of maintaining plenty
      of circulating air and certainly the Bay is a good spot for this
      version.I would love to sail there one day,just for the thrill of it!
      As to the forward hatch providing a place to retire to while
      another enjoys a thunderbox session,lets hope it is not raining nor
      too windy :-) This also leads to the question;who is driving the
      boat?!
      One weakness I noticed,however was that if someone does stand/sit
      up forward near the mainmast for any length of time,the Micro begins
      to nose-dive.That is,water begins to flood up through the drain holes
      in the bottom sinking the bow ever lower until the water starts to
      enter through the first step.Next thing you know,water is up to your
      ankles and the stern is cocked up at a weird angle.I never stayed
      there much longer to see just what would happen ultimately since my
      crew,who was at the helm, began to make Italien panic noises and I
      had to go back to driving the boat.
      At anyrate,I look forward to seeing how she works out for you
      Bruce and never forget,the Navigator version can always be modified
      to the conventional Micro ;-)
      Sincerely,
      Peter Lenihan,glad to be inside away from the now -21 chill factored

      P.S. Bruce,I scanned some of the Champlain photos(courtesy of
      WATERCRAFT) over on Bolger2 "PHOTO" section but something weird
      happend to the best shot of them all.Will correct the problem this
      evening.Enjoy!
    • Clyde Wisner
      Message 47 of 47 , Mar 1, 2006
        Thanks, John and to Nels for pointing it out to me. I'm interested in
        hull for future Delaware/ Halifax. Clyde