Re: quotes for Mircro Lovers

  • Peter Lenihan
    Message 1 of 38 , Nov 30, 2002
      --- In bolger@y..., "Nels" <arvent@h...> wrote:
      > >It would seem that PCB&F have begun to lean more towards the "box
      > keel" cutwater type hull (Like Windemere and Fiji) rather than the
      > Diablo hull shape. I believe they feel that it is more efficient to
      > drive. It is mentioned in BWAOM when talking about Samual Clyde of
      > which he says:
      >
      > "If I were designing such a boat now, I would want to fit her with
      > box cutwater as is in Microtrawler et al. I'm sure she would be
      > faster and might track better"... Nels

      Hi Nels,
      It is also worth noting that the larger power sharpies,with or
      without the box keel,have a centerboard up forward.This is what is
      helping the tracking.Bolgers retro-fit of twin skegs on the Champlain
      and their presence on Windermere also illustrate that the tracking
      issue was not mitigated through the box keel configuration as
      originally hoped for.
      Its only purpose today appears to be allowing more
      volume,bellow the LWL,to help prevent pointy nosed,flat-bottomed
      sharpies from digging in too deep when punching through waves of some
      note along with allowing more weight in structure to be placed
      further forward.

      Peter Lenihan
    • Peter Lenihan
      Message 38 of 38 , Nov 30, 2002