[bolger] got the plywood

  • bianco@asi.it
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7, 1999
      Hi folks - I got the plywood for my Micro. Hasn't arrived yet in my
      shop (about 1 week to go) but I've located it and ordered. It's 11
      5'x10' sheets of 3/8" marine okoume, 5 plies (the equivalent of 17.5
      standard 4'x8' sheets). Total cost about 600 US$. Stay tuned because
      I'm about to put on line The Ultimate Bolger's Micro Page! Cheers -
      Pippo
    • Giuseppe 'Pippo' Bianco
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 1999
        Hi all - unespectedly enough, my plywood arrived yesterday preceded by a
        phone call by the expeditioner in the afternoon. Seems good stuff, even
        if not exceptionally high quality. No knots whatsoever, no voids visible
        at the edges. Total cost, including delivery into my garage, has been
        the equivalent of 520 US$ at today's rate. The total quantity is
        equivalent to 17.5 4'x8' sheets, 3/8" thick, 5 plies. Today I'll buy the
        mahogany for framing. So long, Pippo

        Dr. Giuseppe Bianco
        Centro di Geodesia Spaziale "G. Colombo"
        Agenzia Spaziale Italiana
        75100 Matera (MT), Italy
        phone: +39-0835-377209
        fax: +39-0835-339005
        e-mail: bianco@...
      • tjfatchen@ace.net.au
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 9, 2000
          BO>Hi all - unespectedly enough, my plywood arrived yesterday preceded by a
          BO>phone call by the expeditioner in the afternoon. Seems good stuff, even
          BO>if not exceptionally high quality. No knots whatsoever, no voids visible
          BO>at the edges. Total cost, including delivery into my garage, has been
          BO>the equivalent of 520 US$ at today's rate. The total quantity is
          BO>equivalent to 17.5 4'x8' sheets, 3/8" thick, 5 plies.

          Interesting.

          Allowing for the crashing $A against the steadily descending $US, that
          amounts to about $A 46 per sheet, about what we pay for reasonable
          exterior grade 1/4", only 2/3rds of our B-grade 3/8" price

          Wonder if I should buy in Italy and import??? I've got to get started on
          the Shoebox...nah..

          Tim & FLying Tadpole