Sneakeasy Variations

  • dbaldnz
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 2, 2002
      I must say I'm getting more and more confused about these attractive
      Sneakeasy variations in the files sections of Bolger Groups.
      They are appearing under Bolgers plan labels, complete with Plan
      numbers, so I must assume they are genuine Bolger designs.
      DonB
    • Chance Curtis
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 2, 2002
        There is only one SNEAKEASY designed by Bolger and the plans are for sale from Payton. Many , including me, have misused the name as a type of boat rather than a design. Where did you see other designs of this boat? Also where can I see the newly designed cabin for the REAL Sneakeasy?
        CCG
        dbaldnz <oink@...> wrote:I must say I'm getting more and more confused about these attractive
        Sneakeasy variations in the files sections of Bolger Groups.
        They are appearing under Bolgers plan labels, complete with Plan
        numbers, so I must assume they are genuine Bolger designs.
        DonB

        Bolger rules!!!

      • dbaldnz
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 3, 2002
          There is one called Picnic Boat in Bolger2 files, and another called
          Sedan, forget where, but in one of the Bolger groups.
          I was very taken with Sedan, thinking it was a Bolger genuine plan,
          being on his standard labelled drawing sheet with plan number. I had
          it as background to my desktop, and was about to fax Bolger for plan
          cost, until I saw reference to her in the messages.
          DonB

          --- In bolger@y..., Chance Curtis <sneakeasy2002@y...> wrote:

          > There is only one SNEAKEASY designed by Bolger and the plans are
          for sale from Payton. Many , including me, have misused the name as
          a type of boat rather than a design. Where did you see other designs
          of this boat? Also where can I see the newly designed cabin for the
          REAL Sneakeasy?
          > CCG
          > dbaldnz <oink@p...> wrote:I must say I'm getting more and more
          confused about these attractive
          > Sneakeasy variations in the files sections of Bolger Groups.
          > They are appearing under Bolgers plan labels, complete with Plan
          > numbers, so I must assume they are genuine Bolger designs.
          > DonB

          posts
          > - add your comments at the TOP and SIGN your posts and
          <snip> away
          > - To order plans: Mr. Philip C. Bolger, P.O. Box 1209, Gloucester,
          MA, 01930, Fax: (978) 282-1349
          > - Unsubscribe: bolger-unsubscribe@y...
          > - Open discussion: bolger_coffee_lounge-subscribe@y...

          Service.

        • Steve Bosquette
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 3, 2002
            Sorry for the confusion guys!!! Both the Sedan and Picnic are my
            drawings and not Bolger's. I pulled the line drawing off the net for
            Sneakeasy and manipulated it with Microsoft Paint to make the
            drawings. They are NOT sanctioned by Bolger!!! I pulled the Sedan
            drawings off (Bolger2, files, Sneakeasy), when I decided on the
            Picnic design.

            Steve Bosquette

            --- In bolger@y..., "dbaldnz" <oink@p...> wrote:
            > There is one called Picnic Boat in Bolger2 files, and another
            called
            > Sedan
          • dbaldnz
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 3, 2002
              It is a pity you took them off Steve. I was looking forward to the
              next one!
              You get people thinking, and as long as it is clear that it's your
              modification, I can't see anything wrong in showing them.
              I like the Picnic even better than Sedan actually.
              DonB

              --- In bolger@y..., "Steve Bosquette" <sbosquette@c...> wrote:

              > Sorry for the confusion guys!!! Both the Sedan and Picnic are my
              > drawings and not Bolger's. I pulled the line drawing off the net
              for
              > Sneakeasy and manipulated it with Microsoft Paint to make the
              > drawings. They are NOT sanctioned by Bolger!!! I pulled the
              Sedan
              > drawings off (Bolger2, files, Sneakeasy), when I decided on the
              > Picnic design.
              >
              > Steve Bosquette
              >
              > --- In bolger@y..., "dbaldnz" <oink@p...> wrote:
              > > There is one called Picnic Boat in Bolger2 files, and another
              > called
              > > Sedan
            • John Cupp
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 3, 2002
                I have put up a Sneakeasy alternative also,

                20Sneakeasy/Modified%20Sneakeasy%20with%20spray%20cockpit.JPG

                Nothing I put up about Sneakeasy is from bolger, just ideas. This is
                a forum discussing ideas and Bolger plans. The common bond is our
                love of the simplistic and natural looking plans that come from PB&F.

                Any good Designer makes your creative juices flow in your mind. The
                final say as to what he will put his name on comes from Mr. Bolger.

                What I must say is that The creativity on this forum should be
                allowed and even nurtured so that if there can be an improvement from
                mere mortals on our forum we won't feel too stupid to show our other
                fellow Bolgerista's. For the love of Bolger boats we need a safe
                haven to study, create modifications and just simply study their
                simplistic beauty. A Sneakeasy design is just a small portion of what
                I enjoy on this site. My imagination is the second part of this site
                I find indispensable.

                May we always have a Bolger site!

                John

                --- In bolger@y..., "Steve Bosquette" <sbosquette@c...> wrote:

                > Sorry for the confusion guys!!! Both the Sedan and Picnic are my
                > drawings and not Bolger's. I pulled the line drawing off the net
                for
                > Sneakeasy and manipulated it with Microsoft Paint to make the
                > drawings. They are NOT sanctioned by Bolger!!! I pulled the Sedan
                > drawings off (Bolger2, files, Sneakeasy), when I decided on the
                > Picnic design.
                >
                > Steve Bosquette
                >
                > --- In bolger@y..., "dbaldnz" <oink@p...> wrote:
                > > There is one called Picnic Boat in Bolger2 files, and another
                > called
                > > Sedan
              • Mark A.
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 4, 2002
                  That whole folder has some interesting pix, John. The one you flag below is very nice.
                  Call it _Sleek_ easy if you like.

                  The real Seal boat is an interesting combination of squared and round.

                  Mark