Re: Luan

  • joannabruce4338
    Message 1 of 35 , Nov 1, 2002
      --- In bolger@y..., "Richard Spelling" <richard@c...> wrote:
      > Your glass will add more than the additional layer of luan, me
      thinks.

      I don't think I am too concerned about weight. Have had a June Bug
      in the past and was concerned not only about abrasion (the reason for
      fibreglass) but also dent and puncture damage as the area I
      frequently sail has a very rocky beach. And using a trailer, rather
      than trying to cartop, has minimized the transporting weight concern.
    • adventures_in_astrophotography
      Message 35 of 35 , Dec 21, 2009
        Hi Graeme,

        > here the only enforceable standard is the Australian. In asia the standard is open slather. Mostly priced less than the Australian, any asian stuff stamped British Standard may be just that, or may not be worth the stamping ink. Price is a given, how do you tell its worth? In the US, does British Standard have to mean what it says?

        I actually have no idea, but the plywood is far and away the best I've ever used.

        Jon