Re: Sneakeasy Modification - Why?

  • Steve Bosquette
    Message 1 of 36 , Nov 1, 2002
      Hi Gregg
      It's nice to hear from you, hope all is well. Thanks for your kind
      words about my cabin idea. Your site was what convinced me to build
      Sneakeasy in the first place. After reading all the posts on this
      topic, a great worthwhile discussion in my opinion, I have decided
      not to build a cb box and cb. I was in discussion with Peter Lenihan
      off line and when calculating the size of my present keel 2" x 8'
      about 1.3 sq ft area I realized that a scaled down Wyoming board
      would be about the same size! What would I gain? I had a temporary
      hard cover over the cockpit area a while back and still had ok
      control coming into a dock. I did learn that using the wind to push
      me to the dock was good technique, when I was on the downwind side of
      the dock I was usually pushed away. I think it makes great sense on
      Jeff's Wyoming but on a flat bottom Sneakeasy a permanent keel is
      sufficient, with careful use of the wind instead of fighting it.

      Steve Bosquette
      --- In bolger@y..., "ghartc" <gcarlson@c...> wrote:
      > I don't see Steve's clever cabin affecting the windage on the front
      > end of the boat much at all.
    • Mark A.
      Message 36 of 36 , Nov 1, 2002
        Not as fast, but how 'bout an electric one?
        http://www.psnw.com/~jmrudholm/etekoutboard4.html

        Mark