Luan

  • joannabruce4338
    Message 1 of 35 , Nov 1, 2002
      Am building June Bug. Sides, bulkhead, transom, stem, chine logs
      all in place. Using Luan, which I have had good luck with. Wil glas
      and epoxy sides and bottom.

      Have been wondering if doubling the 1/4 inch Luan on bottom is a good
      idea, or at least not a bad idea? If I decide to go that way, I have
      been thinking about using contact cement to join surfaces: Put first
      layer on, the when epoxy on chines and bottom of bulukheads cures,
      use contact cemsnt to bond the layers. Wlll stagger joints on layers.

      Comments
    • adventures_in_astrophotography
      Message 35 of 35 , Dec 21, 2009
        Hi Graeme,

        > here the only enforceable standard is the Australian. In asia the standard is open slather. Mostly priced less than the Australian, any asian stuff stamped British Standard may be just that, or may not be worth the stamping ink. Price is a given, how do you tell its worth? In the US, does British Standard have to mean what it says?

        I actually have no idea, but the plywood is far and away the best I've ever used.

        Jon