Re: [bolger] Re: Sneakeasy Modification - Why?

  • Jeff Blunck
    Message 1 of 36 , Nov 1, 2002
      Another option might be a removable side board. Slip in place when heading
      for the docks or as needed. It would be simple to make the supports, one on
      the chine and another just above the water line. You could even mount it
      closer to the center since it's use would be usually limited to docking and
      close in handling. All you really need then is a pivot point and limiting
      of the side slip. As long as it was 10% ahead of the center of lateral area
      it would work great and be easy to use.

      If you mounted it to angle forward about 15 degrees it would even have a
      good chance of sliding up should you hit bottom.

      Jeff

      Message 36 of 36 , Nov 1, 2002
        Not as fast, but how 'bout an electric one?
        http://www.psnw.com/~jmrudholm/etekoutboard4.html

        Mark