RE Weather Forcasting

  • Hal Lynch
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2002
      Thanks, sounds like the book I was thinking of. I bought a
      copy so we shall see.

      hal

      Dave was kind enough to reply:

      Bernard Moitessier in his book A Sea Vagabond's World says "I
      heartily recommend Alan Watts' little book Instant Weather
      Forecasting, which taught me how to predict weather changes in
      minutes. Its terrific, all you do is compare the lower, or surface
      (cumulus) wind direction with the upper, or high altitude (cirrus)
      wind direction and apply the crosswind rule. " There are 24 coloured
      photos of clouds and a full explaination of the theory.
      Hope this helps. Dave Limbrick