Re: Brick

  • zavalacat
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 29, 2002
      As I see it, since the Big Tortoise is not actually the same boat as
      the Brick the placement of the rig, the mast and leeboard would have
      to be changed from the Brick to account for the different dimensions.
      Actually I Emailed Payson and asked about the sail, he said he
      thought the lamb chop sail designed for the Brick would be O.K. on
      the Big Tortoise. In other words the size, 59 sq. Ft. isn't it, is
      O.K, but the placement on the boat would be different than the brick.
      The area of the leeboard and rudder are probably about correct. If
      you're not comfortable placing them yourself and you want to sail,
      (I'm making mine for rowing and then I'll decide if I want to add a
      rig) then it sounds like you need Brick plans. Do you have Bolger's
      "Boats With an Open Mind"? Brick plans are in there. I understand
      your frustration. I just kind of like the idea of making the Big
      Tortoise. Actually it's practice for making a Micro. Charles

      > I got design #597. I appears to have been designed for Montgomery
      > Boat Yard. The dimesions are 8'0" x 3'2". Will the sailing rig
      > dimensions from the Bolger Brick work? I hate to think that I just
      > bought these plans and now need to buy another set.
      >
      > James Stytle

    • Mark
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1, 2003
        Dreams are true.

        Frank Bales wrote:

        > I thought someone mention not long ago a larger version of the Brick? Not
        > the Super version with the cabin and all, just a larger version of the
        > Brick. I looked but couldn't find the post. Was I dreaming, or does such a
        > beast exist?
      • Frank Bales
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 1, 2003
          Thanks Mark. What's different with this version? It's not any longer is
          it? --FrankB